Invitation HRD Antwerp Graduates Club
10–11 January 2019
Free networking event: Symposium, Diva Museum, Antwerp Baroque tour
At a special price: Workshops, Mayer van den Berg Museum, lunch(es)
JOIN US JANUARY 10 AND 11, 2019 IN ANTWERP
Registration is mandatory; first come, first served.
Thursday, January 10, 2019 at HRD Antwerp & Mayer van den Bergh Museum
Session 1: € 65,- excl. VAT/participant - max. 15 participants
- 08:45am - 09:00am: registration
- 09:00am - 11:00am: workshop: “The Use of Magnetism to Identify Gems”
- 11:00am - 11:20am: coffee break
- 11:20am - 11:50am: HRD Antwerp Laboratory tour
Session 2: € 65,- excl. VAT/participant - max. 15 participants 01:00pm - 01:15pm: registration
- 01:15pm - 03:00pm: workshop: “The Power of Dicroscopes and Polarising Filters to Identify Gems”
- 03:00pm - 03:20pm: coffeebreak
Session 3: € 10,- excl. VAT/participant
- 03:40pm - 05:00pm: guided visit at Mayer van den Bergh Museum: “Baroque Splendor in a Domestic Setting"
During “Antwerp Baroque 2018. Rubens inspires”, Museum Mayer van den Bergh will focus on the Baroque masterpieces in its own collection. The spotlight is on the paintings of such artists as Cornelis De Vos, Jacob Jordaens and Jan Brueghel. The museum will also showcase several Baroque sculptures and drawings. Discover the lavish and versatile side of the historical Baroque in the house of Fritz Mayer van den Bergh’s dreams.
Friday, January 11, 2019 at Diva Museum
08:50am - 09:20am: registration
09:20am - 09:30am: welcome
Session 1: free of charge
- 09:30am - 10:10am: “Understanding of and Dealing with the Characteristics of Various Types of Rough”- Mark Hanna/MAKE3EX
- 10:10am - 10:45am: “Rebirth of Fluorescent Diamonds?” - Ans Anthonis/Chief Officer Diamond Lab @ HRD Antwerp
- 10:45am - 11:05am: coffee break
- 11:05am - 11:50am: “DNA-Based Nanolabels: How Physical Tracers Can Be Applied on Diamonds” - Dr. Daniel Nyfeler/Managing Director @ Gübelin Gem Lab
- 11:50am - 12:30pm: “Jewellery - Experience or Ownership?” - Miten Shah/CEO and Founder @ Dazuld
Session 2: free of charge
- 01:30pm - 02:10pm: “How to Create Quality Content for Social Media”- Victoria Tregub/Social Media Officer @ AWDC
- 02:10pm - 02:50pm: “The Power of Imagery - A Conversation About Visual Perception” - Christian Hagen/ Creative Director @ Nasoha and Lector Diamond Jewellery Sales @ HRD Antwerp
- 03:00pm - 04:15pm: guided visit at Diva Museum 04:15pm - 04:50pm: closing reception
- 05:00pm - 06:00pm: “Antwerp and Baroque Architecture” guided tour (walk of approx. 3 km)
On the registration form (see further) you can indicate your desired option(s) for lunch for both days. This is optional. You are of course also free to go out for lunch within the predetermined timeframe.
- Thursday January 10 @ HRD Antwerp: a selection of sandwiches, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Friday January 11 @ restaurant De Bomma (across the street from Diva Museum): choice from 3 dishes. 1 glass of beer, wine or soft drink. 1 coffee or tea.